Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Flying Geese Quilt

I don't know why it took so long to start playing with triangles.  They're straight and as long as you stay true to your seam allowance (I'm known for dancing back and forth over that line so my blocks are never even) these practically fly together.  This is one of many quilts that came together in just one day.

It was made for my brother and it was really hard to find non-floral prints in my collection.  Unfortunately it was not quite large enough to fully cover his 6'4"body so it hung out in the guest room.  Last April it was lost in the house fire where he lost everything but the load of clothes he had in the car to go to the laundromat.

I guess I'll have to make a new one for him, bigger this time.

3 comments:

  1. What a perfect quilt for a man. So sad to have lost it but aren't you glad to at least have this picture? It was a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Annie said. It was terrible to lose it like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's beautiful. Good luck with the new one.

    ReplyDelete