Friday, February 26, 2010
Friday Fragments - Feb 26, 2010
ACK! Craziness abounds! Didn't I say just a few weeks ago that I thought life was going to get busy in my little world? Oh buddy, that was one huge understatement. Ginormous.
At work our largest fundraiser of the year is coming up in April. I have a few responsibilities with this this event, ones that take a lot of time away from my regular job. Actually I enjoy it as it is a creative challenge, but stressful nonetheless. New people are starting next week so I will be getting them situated with their computers, email and training. As if I have time?
My daughter is helping with another major fundraiser, not work related. It will be two weeks after the one in April. I'm helping with the guest list and seating arrangements. And all of this will be slamming into my world as I'm in the middle of all of the crap at work. Because I love taking on more projects than I can handle?
The thing I was all secret squirrel about a few weeks ago, the project that I just need to shut up and let someone else do his way? Yeah, that's a new business my husband is opening. Financing was approved earlier this week. All of the worrying and fretting and wondering and hoping is now planning, plotting, quoting, shopping, worrying, fretting, wondering, and hoping. The man who rattles numbers off non-stop in regular situations is in hyper mode. A mute button would be SO SWEET.
I got through about 10 blogs that participated in last week's Friday Fragments. I doubt I'm going to do much visiting for a while, so if I miss you please accept my apologies - crazy is as crazy does.
Labels:
Friday Fragments,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Trying this week to get to all the blogs for FF - man is this a lot of work!!
ReplyDeleteHallie :)
I am very happy when fragmenters visit each other, but I would be thrilled if you only got to a handful. I know what it's like to try to get through them all, and it's pure insanity :)
ReplyDeleteYour time is well spent volunteering. I hope your events run smoothly and that the reward is much greater than the stress :)
Congrats to you and your husband on the business venture. I look forward to hearing more about it.
busy busy and so am I! whew no time all week for blogging about anything. new job and school has me consumed. have a great week! I hope all goes well with your new projects etc...if you don't have time for blogs, trust me, most of us understand! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats with the biz!! I wish you the best.
ReplyDelete